Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Frankie Knuckles Boiler Room NYC DJ Set
Now, anyone who considers themselves a House Head knows the name, Frankie Knuckles. He is the Godfather of House, credited with being instrumental in the development of this culture we know and love. I have had the pleasure of not only experiencing this Maestro live, mixing the masses into a dancing flurry, but I also consider him one of my mentors. Memories of late evenings at the Sound Factory Bar in NYC, the countless radio mixes broadcasted over the NY airwaves, as well as the countless remixes he continues provide for artists domestic and and international, has influenced me to become the DJ that I am today. Frankie KNOWS how to rock a party and he does it so effortlessly. The video clip above is only a sample of what he brings to the table as a DJ. To truly feel his influence at work, you must get out and support any event he is headlining. Trust me, you will leave in a state of bliss!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment