This month has been dedicated to celebrating the life and legacy of Frankie Knuckles. I know for me, through any outlet, whether it's a live set in a boutique, or on the radio airwaves, Frankie has been getting my love and gratitude. I was thinking to myself about the last time I actually saw Frankie, which was at Deep Sugar in Baltimore. I can recall being in the booth, observing him work the crowded dance floor with his magic. Precious moments like these we tend to take for granted. I can recall heading home after the event and literally screaming because I forgot to take pictures with him...lol. I was so caught up in the moment of feeling the groove and helping with the event that I forgot, I guess assuming there would be other opportunities. I decided to post another tribute session presented via my Beat Nation radio show. This session was a turn-up because I featured a lot of my favorite bangers from the mind of Frankie Knuckles! Basically anything he touched, whether through a remix, edit, or original composition was fair game. Take a listen and check out the playlist!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Beat Nation Ep46 - Frankie Knuckles Tribute 2 - 4.18.14
This month has been dedicated to celebrating the life and legacy of Frankie Knuckles. I know for me, through any outlet, whether it's a live set in a boutique, or on the radio airwaves, Frankie has been getting my love and gratitude. I was thinking to myself about the last time I actually saw Frankie, which was at Deep Sugar in Baltimore. I can recall being in the booth, observing him work the crowded dance floor with his magic. Precious moments like these we tend to take for granted. I can recall heading home after the event and literally screaming because I forgot to take pictures with him...lol. I was so caught up in the moment of feeling the groove and helping with the event that I forgot, I guess assuming there would be other opportunities. I decided to post another tribute session presented via my Beat Nation radio show. This session was a turn-up because I featured a lot of my favorite bangers from the mind of Frankie Knuckles! Basically anything he touched, whether through a remix, edit, or original composition was fair game. Take a listen and check out the playlist!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment